The earth needs a voice.
We believe in the power of many. The strength of our work depends on the thousands of people who put their beliefs into action. Together we give our beautiful planet the voice it deserves.
People all across the world help Greenpeace to do everything from painting signs and making banners, organising local events and protests, through to hanging those banners and occupying coal-fired power stations.
This fragile Earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs you. If you’re keen to get involved with Greenpeace, read on…
You can do such things as volunteer in the office, get hands-on experience with our campaigns and activities, share campaign messages and tactics in your local community, or help us raise vital funds for a more sustainable future.
Wherever you live and whatever your lifestyle, there’s a way for you to get involved.
Check out these ways you can take action for a green and peaceful future.
Volunteer in our Office
Work in our Sydney office or our Sydney Warehouse. Roles include research, event management, logistics, media relations, administration, data entry and general office duties. Long-term, short-term and internship roles are available.
To make sure we stay independent and keep speaking out for our planet, we don’t accept any funding from governments or corporations – which means we really do rely on the amazing support from people like you.
Take Action Online
Take part in our latest online actions, be our friend on social media and sign up to our email list to take action in our latest campaigns.
What you’ll need
- Aligned with Greenpeace’s core values
- Able to legally work in the country you’re volunteering in. If you are an overseas visitor, this means holding an appropriate work visa. For more information on obtaining a visa, visit the relevant government websites.
- English language skills. You’ll need to speak, read and write English very well, especially for communications roles. The better your English language skills, the greater variety of roles we can offer you.
- Able to commit. You’ll need to make a good faith commitment to the time, terms and conditions of the volunteer role.
- Age requirements. Some volunteer activities have minimum age requirements. Event fundraising is open to all age groups.
- Living in the Australia Pacific region.