Volunteer and Activist Coordinator
Looking for a career that makes a difference? Come change the world with us!
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is looking for a Volunteer and Activist Coordinator to recruit, train, and grow our base of amazing volunteers! GPAP’s volunteers are at the heart of everything we do, and in this role you’ll be working closely with them to meaningfully contribute to our campaigns, creative confrontation and investigations.
You’ll also build strategies and programs to further engage our supporters – including recruiting and training volunteers – and will harness our supporter base’s incredible range of skills and commitment to help us achieve our campaign goals.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To succeed in this role, you’ll have experience managing, developing and inspiring volunteers, and be confident using research and insights to develop participation and activist strategies. We’re also looking for someone with knowledge of or experience using digital organising tools and databases (including Salesforce and Autopilot), and strong capabilities using online engagement techniques.
You’ll also have:
- A passion for empowering and developing volunteer teams;
- Volunteer management skills and experience;
- Experience facilitating adult activist education and training programs, and a love of continued learning;
- Project and event management skills; and
- The ability to build great relationships with volunteers, crew and other stakeholders.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A genuine approach to wellbeing, including an annual health allowance, flexible working arrangements and integrity framework;
- Generous leave conditions, including equal parental leave, study leave, cultural leave, and an additional week of leave during over the Christmas and New Year period;
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible program of work and protecting nature to help take on the fossil fuel industry;
- An organisation filled with talented, warm, friendly and caring team members, where you can bring your whole self to work;
- Commitment to your personal growth, with world class leadership and development training programs; and
- The opportunity to actively participate in global matters that is rare for an Australian-based organisation.
Salary $84,914.70 per annum + Superannuation
HOW TO APPLY
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday 27th of September 2020.