Video Producer / Content Creator
Looking for a role that makes a difference? Come and change the world with us...
We’re looking for a rock star who thrives in a fast paced environment to take our video and content creation to the next level. This role will give you the the opportunity to produce incredible and exciting pieces of work – all aimed at making this world a better place.
The climate crisis is real. It’s here and we need some seriously kick-ass content to ignite the masses of people to act together to win a healthy planet. This role has the potential to take you to epic locations, and work with some truly inspiring people. You will be able to explore your creativity and provide confident editorial and technical expertise in developing and producing high quality creative content, particularly video, photo and graphic design for digital and social.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Produce and/or project manage both proactive and reactive video and stills content for traditional, digital and social media channels.
- Advise project teams on use of multimedia and story angles, particularly video, including best practice, standards and the role of multimedia in project, action and event planning
- Engage with external suppliers, draft contracts and briefs, oversee their work and instigate feedback
- Plan, shoot, caption, edit and distribute video and photo content.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic individual who has professional experience in a multimedia environment. You will also have:
- Experience working in a production company / agency / freelance for 1-2 years minimum
- A strong background in video and photographic production of small to medium scale
- Have experience producing your own content to a professional standard (branded content, TVCs, short form docs)
- Shoots video and stills (DSLRs) and edits (Premiere)
- Experience managing budgets and timelines
- Media or film production degree (but not mandatory).
Australia and the Pacific are unique and precious environments. We’ve got a beautiful climate, rich oceans, vast forests and healthy food. Yet all of this is under threat. Greenpeace takes action to protect our natural home, now and for the future. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
As a Greenpeace employee, you’ll be part of an important program of work to stop climate change, save the ancient forests and protect our world’s oceans, earth and sky.
As well as a chance to match your career to a compelling cause, Greenpeace offers employees a supportive, safe working environment and a genuine work/life balance.
Greenpeace is committed to personal development, with great opportunities for
workplace learning and career progression.
We also offer:
- You get to work in a team of skilled, dedicated digital troublemakers determined to disrupt the status quo
- You get to use your skills for good; engaging and motivating everyday folk to take action for the planet
- You will have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the team
- Greenpeace can guarantee a flexible work environment, friendly and helpful co-workers.
CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED? HERE’S HOW
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognize and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
*Salary – $69,516.35 per annum + superannuation
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
Applications close at midnight on 27th June 2019.