Supporter Relationships Administrator
Looking for a career that makes a difference? Come and change the world with us...
THE TEAM & ROLE
As Greenpeace does not accept any funding from corporations or governments, we are reliant on the support of individuals for all the funds needed to carry out our environmental campaigns. The Supporter Relations (SR) Team is essential to the ongoing work of Greenpeace.They communicate with passion, informing supporters and the public about Greenpeace’s work to protect the planet, and ways they can get involved.
As part of the Fundraising department, the SR team provide a warm, friendly, informed and energetic interaction with Greenpeace’s financial and non-financial supporters and the general public via telephone, email, mail and face-to-face interactions. They are also responsible for accurate use of the fundraising database to capture new supporters’ financial and non-financial details.
Key responsibilities include:
- Communicate in a warm and professional manner, receiving in-bound calls
- Provide a professional response to supporter requests whilst accurately logging the information on the fundraising database
- Make outbound calls to follow-up on supporter requests and verify supporter details
- Process donations, change of details, exclusions, return to senders and other information about supporters accurately and efficiently.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are a communications pro, especially when it comes to listening, engaging and negotiating with people. You also have a warm, professional and polite communication style and your phone manner is fantastic! You are dedicated, focused and passionate about the environment, and aren’t afraid to ask others to lend their support to the Greenpeace cause.
You don’t necessarily need experience in fundraising or donor relations (but if you do, then that is a bonus!). Experience in customer service and/or sales is highly desirable. To be successful in this role you will need:
- Great interpersonal skills, in particular building long-term relationships both internally and externally.
- Tech savvy ie. you now your way around a computer and are proficient in Salesforce (not essential), Excel and the Google suite.
- Mean data entry skills, with a typing speed of 70 words per minute (or even higher!)
- The drive to inspire others to get on board with Greenpeace’s mission!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
As well as a chance to match your career to a compelling cause, Greenpeace offers employees a supportive, safe working environment and a genuine work/life balance. Greenpeace is committed to personal development, with great opportunities for workplace learning and career progression.
If that is not enough, you also:
- Will become part of an incredibly friendly team of five amazing SR Administrators who enjoy each day, support each other and lift each-other up
- Have the opportunity to be part of the Leadership and Learning program – with monthly skills development sessions and one-on-one professional coaching sessions
- Receive generous leave entitlements, including: equal paternal/maternity leave, study leave, an additional week of leave for the EoY shut down period, and more!
- Get to use your skills for good; engaging and motivating everyday folk to take action for the planet
- Have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the team
- Participate in GPAP’s monthly wellness programmes and social initiatives.
Australia and the Pacific are unique and precious environments. We’ve got a beautiful climate, rich oceans, vast forests and healthy food. Yet all of this is under threat. Greenpeace takes action to protect our natural home, now and for the future. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change. Now you have the opportunity to join our diverse work team to help save our planet!
* Status: Part-time (21 hours per week), Permanent
* Salary: $58,540 per annum (paid pro rata) + Superannuation
Greenpeace welcomes and values diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives. We actively encourage applications from all corners of our global society. Through our campaigning, we create solutions that promote environmental sustainability rooted in social justice.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
Applications close at midnight on the 18th of December 2019.