Supporter Relationships Administrator (casual)
Searching for a career that makes a difference? Come and help change the world with us...
As Greenpeace does not accept any funding from corporations or governments, we are reliant on the support of individuals for all the funds needed to carry out our environmental campaigns. The Supporter Relations Team is essential to the ongoing work of Greenpeace. They communicate with passion to inspire supporters and the public about Greenpeace’s work to protect the planet.
As part of the Fundraising department, the team provide a warm, friendly, informed and energetic interaction with Greenpeace’s financial and non-financial supporters and the general public via telephone, email, mail and face-to-face interactions. They are also responsible for accurate use of the fundraising database to capture new supporters’ financial and non-financial details.
Key responsibilities include:
- Communicate in a warm and professional manner, receiving in-bound calls
- Provide a professional response to supporter requests whilst accurately logging the
information on the fundraising database
- Make outbound calls to follow-up on supporter requests and verify supporter details
- Process donations, change of details, exclusions, return to senders and other information
about supporters accurately and efficiently.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are a communications pro, especially when it comes to listening, engaging and negotiating with people. You also have a warm, professional and polite communication style and your phone manner is fantastic! You are dedicated, focused and passionate about the environment, and aren’t afraid to ask others to lend their support to the Greenpeace cause.
You don’t necessarily need experience in fundraising or donor relations (but if you do, then that is a bonus!). Experience is administration or customer service is desirable. To be successful in this role you will need:
- Great interpersonal skills, in particular building long-term relationships both internally and externally.
- Tech savvy ie. you now your way around a computer and are proficient in Rasier’s Edge/Salesforce (not essential), Excel and the Google suite.
- Mean data entry skills, with a typing speed of 70 words per minute (or even higher!)
- The drive to inspire others to get on board with Greenpeace’s mission!
Finally, you are available to work a minimum of 2 rostered days per week (with opportunities to work more during busy periods).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
As well as a chance to match your career to a compelling cause, Greenpeace offers employees a supportive, safe working environment and a genuine work/life balance. Greenpeace is committed to personal development, with great opportunities for workplace learning and career progression.
If that is not enough, you also:
- Get to use your skills for good; engaging and motivating everyday folk to take action for the planet
- Have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the team
- Participate in GPAP’s monthly wellness programmes and social initiatives.
Australia and the Pacific are unique and precious environments. We’ve got a beautiful climate, rich oceans, vast forests and healthy food. Yet all of this is under threat. Greenpeace takes action to protect our natural home, now and for the future. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change. Now you have the opportunity to join our diverse work team to help save our planet!
* Salary: $57,224.35 per annum + Superannuation
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB?
Greenpeace welcomes and values diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives. We actively encourage applications from all corners of our global society. Through our campaigning, we create solutions that promote environmental sustainability rooted in social justice.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
Please direct applications or enquiries to:
Applications close at midnight on the 25th of February 2019.