Supporter Relationships Volunteer
Job title: Supporter Relationships Volunteer
Reporting to: Supporter Relationships and Retention Manager
Commitment: 1 day per week, for 3 months (with option to continue)
Overall purpose of the job
The Fundraising Department’s major responsibility is the recruitment of supporters and through these supporters and others, to raise money, gain commitment to Greenpeace’s vision and mobilise action to achieve ecological sustainability. As Greenpeace has a policy of not soliciting funds from corporations or governments, we are reliant on the support of individuals for all the funds to carry out our environmental campaigns.
The Supporter Relationships Volunteer will be assisting the Fundraising team with general administrative duties. They will be working within a team who are responsible for providing warm, friendly, informed and energetic interaction with Greenpeace’s financial and non-financial supporters and the general public via the telephone, email, mail and face-to-face. The key objective is to communicate with passion, inspiring supporters and the public about Greenpeace’s work to protect the planet.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Collate feedback from supporters to report back to the rest of the organisation
- Engage with and thank supporters who want to do an activity to raise money for Greenpeace
- Action and respond to emails from supporters that requires non-financial data to be updated
- Process return to sender mail and update the database
- Data processing when leads for new supporters are received offline (e.g. entering a petition signature given at a stall or GP event into the database)
- Assistance with any other fundraising projects as required
Specific work environment
- Based in our Sydney office in Ultimo.
How to apply:
Greenpeace welcomes and values diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives. We actively encourage applications from all corners of our global society. Through our campaigning, we create solutions that promote environmental sustainability rooted in social justice.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.