Supporter Engagement Volunteer
Looking to roll coal and use your time and administration skills for a good cause?
Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) currently has an opportunity for 4-5 volunteers to join the Engagement Team within the Fundraising department.
As a Greenpeace volunteer, you’ll be part of our work to stop climate change, save the ancient forests and protect our world’s oceans, earth, and sky! This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about fundraising, engagement, donor stewardship, relationship building, environmental advocacy and to make a meaningful contribution to our campaigns.
About the role:
We are seeking applicants willing to commit to 1 to 2 days per week (of your choice), for a minimum of 12 weeks starting on or before the week of September 19th 2022. Our hours are 9-5pm with an hour break. We are also ideally seeking candidates who are available to come into our Sydney office due to mail sorting and training.
Your key duties will be to help the Engagement Team with administrative tasks, communicate with supporters over the phone and via email, and overall make a tremendous contribution to the organisation’s financial goals.
We are looking for individuals with:
- A positive, collaborative and can-do attitude;
- An interest in fundraising/supporter engagement;
- Competent digital and social media skills;
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Awesome written and verbal communication skills;
- And above all, a passion for seeking climate and environmental justice and/or a willingness to learn more about Greenpeace’s work.
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to build on your amazing skills and learn from our supportive team;
- Experience in relationship and rapport building;
- Immersion in current Greenpeace campaigns and projects;
- Fundraising, administrative and supporter engagement knowledge;
- Insight into the advocacy and not-for-profit sector!
Please send your CV and a short email outlining your interest in volunteering with us in this role to [email protected]. Applications close at midnight, September 30 2022.