Social Media Engagement Volunteer
Contribute to something big; learn new skills!
- Join an organisation defending the environment throughout the Australia Pacific region
- Use your writing skills and social media savvy to motivate and inspire others to take action
- Gain practical experience in social media without a huge time commitment (only 4 hours per week)
Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is looking for volunteers to join our Donor Development team and help moderate comments and respond to supporters on our social media channels. This is a fantastic opportunity for people looking to gain experience in social media, learn about campaigning and genuinely contribute to Greenpeace’s work and supporter retention. Volunteers are essential to achieve Greenpeace’s overarching engagement strategy and provide insights from our social media ecosystem.
There is an expected time commitment of 4 hours per week for social conversations shifts and an additional 1.5 hours per month for team meetings.
The role duration is for 3 months (with continuation a possibility).
The team will work to a rotating roster, which includes weekends. Full training, and ongoing support will be provided and while social media experience is not essential, it will be advantageous.
This is a fully remote working volunteer opportunity.
It is also a requirement that successful applicants attend a half-day Zoom induction.
- Monitoring our social media channels and engaging with other social media users on behalf of GPAP;
- Answering questions and be a helpful resource to our online communities;
- Encouraging users to donate and take action;
- Responding to criticism where appropriate and hide or block commenters who violate our Community Guidelines;
- Monitoring and tracking levels of engagement and interaction data and report back to the Engagement Coordinator;
- Identifying and engaging in conversations outside of our social channels that have potential for generating leads to our website and donations;
- Attending monthly social media conversations team meetings; and
- Keeping up to date with fast-developing campaigns via information provided by the Engagement Coordinator and the wider GPAPteam.
We are looking for individuals with:
- Excellent written English communication skills;
- The ability to think on your feet, solve problems and work independently if needed;
- Familiarity with social media platforms, especially Facebook and Instagram;
- High level computer skills (spreadsheets, online tools and software); and
- Above all, we are looking for people who have a genuine interest in Greenpeace’s work, and are passionate about inspiring supporters to take action to protect the planet.
Greenpeace welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU!
- The flexibility to fit the role around your own schedule;
- The freedom to work from anywhere – this is a remote role!;
- A chance to build your social media and communication skills;
- The opportunity to work within a new dynamic team with people who share your passion for the environment; and
- Get to know the inner workings of a fast-paced campaigning organisation!
Australia and the Pacific have some of the most unique and unparalleled natural environments in the world. We’ve got a beautiful climate, rich oceans and vast forests. Yet all of this is under threat. Greenpeace fights to protect our natural home, now and for the future. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change. Greenpeace also offers a supportive working environment and is committed to personal development, with great opportunities for workplace learning.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role please submit:
- A CV (of no more than 3 pages)
- A separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role