Social Media Coordinator
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
This role is a new addition to the Program department’s Communications Unit, a lean but high-performing team of communications specialists who demonstrably shape public narratives on climate and energy all over Australia and the world. This role will also work closely with a number of other teams including campaigns, digital marketing, fundraising, and engagement.
Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join our high-impact Program department, where we are taking on the climate crisis from all sides: ensuring Australia’s biggest climate polluter AGL shuts down its coal fired power stations in favour of renewable energy, shifting Australia’s biggest brands to take climate action, and fighting for climate justice in the Pacific.
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing GPAP’s social media strategy, managing day to day content needs, community engagement and channel growth.
The Social Media Coordinator is an empowered champion for GPAP’s social media engagement. By working collaboratively across departments, the role drives performance in terms of reach, engagement and conversion towards advocacy wins, fundraising campaigns, and building Greenpeace’s people-powered network.
The role will help activate GPAP’s overarching content strategy on social media, informing and executing digital communication and engagement activity.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract position.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for a superstar social media all-rounder who can take the reins of a huge social media presence with over half a million followers, and create an ambitious re-engagement strategy to make our socials sing again. You’ll thrive on data-based decision making and analysis, but also come up with bold and creative content strategies to harness the power of half a million people ready to take action for our planet.
You’ll also have:
- At least two (2) years experience in a similar role;
- A strong eye for detail and impeccable grammar;
- A deep understanding of social media and what makes content engaging, inspiring, and activating;
- A creative flair and ability to create content through platforms like Photoshop, Canva, and native tools on Instagram;
- Ability to monitor, analyse, and utilise emerging trends on social media;
- Understanding of industry-standard social media management platforms like Hootsuite, Socialbakers etc.; and
- An unyielding passion for the environment and solving the climate crisis.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Remote working options, or office-based working in either Sydney or Melbourne;
- A wonderful and supportive team;
- A culture of experimentation and learning;
- The opportunity to work on the biggest issue of our time with a powerful, global organisation;
- High-impact campaigns that are making a real difference in the world;
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, integrity framework and generous leave conditions;
- Genuine flexible working conditions including remote work from home, and
- A culture that celebrates inclusivity and diversity.
Salary $72,111.39 per annum + Superannuation.
Open to applicants Australia wide, with a preference for Sydney or Melbourne for the opportunity to join in-person staff workshops, meetings, get-togethers and creative confrontation activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented represented groups (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People of Colour, women, non-binary and gender diverse people, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday 19th September, 2021.