Senior Volunteer & Activist Coordinator
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
Our Creative Confrontation team is part of the Program department, which includes our Campaigners, Pacific team, Creative and Engagement experts, and Field Operations team.
In our six person team, you will manage a Volunteer & Activist Support and Volunteer Hub Coordinator and work closely with the Creative Confrontation team to organise strategic actions that supersize our campaign impact!
Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is looking for a Senior Volunteer and Activist Coordinator to build a thriving and powerful volunteer network across Australia and the Pacific! GPAP’s volunteers are at the heart of everything we do, and in this role you’ll be working closely with them to meaningfully contribute to our campaigns, creative confrontation and investigations.
You’ll also build strategies and programs to engage supporters in core Program functions and develop and implement recruitment strategies, training programs, build a thriving Greenpeace activist community and design and deliver creative confrontation activities run by the hubs.
Whether it’s stopping a huge new dangerous gas project, taking the fight of the Pacific to the world’s biggest stages, to helping transition Australia to clean energy, you’ll be working on campaigns we believe will make the world safer and more just.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To succeed in this role, you’ll have experience managing, developing and inspiring volunteers, and be confident using research and insights to develop participation and activist strategies. We’re also looking for someone with knowledge of or experience using digital organising tools and databases (experience with Hubspot a plus), and strong capabilities using online engagement techniques.
You’ll also have:
- A passion for empowering and developing volunteer teams;
- At least three years’ experience in a related or similar role
- Experience facilitating adult activist education and training programs, and a love of continued learning;
- Project and event management skills; and
- The ability to build great relationships with volunteers, crew and other stakeholders.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A genuine approach to wellbeing, including an annual health allowance, flexible working arrangements and integrity framework;
- Generous leave conditions, including equal parental leave, study leave, cultural leave, and an additional week of leave during over the Christmas and New Year period;
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible program of work and protecting nature to help take on the fossil fuel industry;
- An organisation filled with talented, warm, friendly and caring team members, where you can bring your whole self to work; and
- Commitment to your personal growth, with world class leadership and development training programs.
Salary $104,932.82 per annum + Superannuation
This is a fixed term contract position concluding 24th December 2023.
HOW TO APPLY
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented groups (Aboriginal, Torres Strait and Pacific Islander peoples, People of Colour, women, non-binary and gender diverse people, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Wednesday 1st of February 2023.