Senior Communications Advisor
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
The primary goal of Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is to bring down the might of the fossil fuel order standing in the way of a sustainable future; this team’s job is to produce engaging communications that fulfil this goal. You’ll be joining a skilled, dedicated and friendly team of three communications professionals, working in a fast-paced media and comms environment. We expose environmental crimes, hold companies and governments to account, promote climate solutions and inspire others to create positive change.
The Senior Communications Advisor will play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of comprehensive and sophisticated traditional and new media strategies that drive GPAP stories into conservative and influential media in order to shape Australian media narratives. In this role you will proactively create and respond to media opportunities that advance our campaigns and organisational goals while shaping public perception on climate change and renewable energy. You will also develop, implement and train a broad suite of spokespeople.
This is a fixed term contract position ending on the 24th of December 2021.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for a highly driven and strategic communications professional – someone with outstanding writing and communication skills, and the ability to develop and implement sophisticated media strategy. You will also have proven experience and the skills to build deep and lasting relationships within the business sector and media, and with our allies.
You’ll also have:
- An advanced level of knowledge and understanding of the Australian and international media landscape;
- At least five (5) years experience in a similar senior role in journalism, communications, or public relations;
- A strong level of knowledge and understanding of the media advocacy needs of a campaigning organisation;
- A personal portfolio of senior contacts within relevant media circles; and
- Demonstrable history in creating new media narratives and elevating spokespeople across the Australian media landscape.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- An incredible opportunity to work on powerful campaigns fighting for climate action, including taking down Australia’s biggest polluter, and sharing the good news of our positive REenergise campaign with the world;
- A communications role with the most well known brand in the environmental NGO space, and the strength of the 50 years of Greenpeace behind you;
- A close-knit and supportive team;
- Access to and support from our global communications network, and the opportunity to connect with our team across the world;
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, genuine flexible working arrangements and integrity framework; and
- A culture that celebrates justice and belonging.
Salary $102,573.63 per annum + Superannuation
HOW TO APPLY
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday 18th of April 2021.