Senior Campaigner (WA Gas)
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
The Campaign team is responsible for fighting against the planet’s enemies. The primary goal of Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is to bring down the power of the fossil fuel order over our democracy and within our region to enable climate action at the necessary speed and scale; this team’s job is to run campaigns that fulfil this goal. Whether it’s stopping a huge new dangerous coal mine, taking the fight of the Pacific to the world’s biggest stages, or pushing huge corporations to ditch coal, we work on campaigns we believe will make the world safer and more just.
The Senior Campaigner will lead GPAP’s work to stop the dangerous expansion of fossil gas in Western Australia (WA) by working closely with the diverse, multi-disciplinary Campaign team to develop and implement a sophisticated and hard-hitting strategy that ensures no new offshore gas is drilled off WA.
This role will provide creativity and leadership in planning our WA gas campaigns, and ensure the dynamic, ambitious and successful coordination of all aspects of the project. This role is also responsible for raising the profile of GPAP’s work in WA in coordination with the campaign alliance, and for managing Campaign team staff.
The role is a 3 year contract position.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We need someone who can develop an incredible strategy, then bring a whole movement of people along with you to make it happen. You’ll have experience leading major national campaigns, ideally against big corporate targets, and be an effective leader and a great communicator, who is as comfortable lobbying in corporate boardrooms as you are briefing grassroots activists. We’re looking for someone who is just as determined in their support of their team as they are in their fight against the fossil-fuel order.
- Management experience and experience coordinating a team;
- Proven ability to develop and implement winning campaign strategies;
- Excellent project management capabilities, including planning and organising, and the ability to effectively adjust plans to rapidly changing circumstances;
- Experience fighting against the fossil fuel order, or other unethical corporates;
- Demonstrable communication strategy expertise and the ability to work effectively with the media; and
- Experience in the NGO sector.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to take on one of the biggest climate threats in Australia;
- Access to an extraordinary team with strategic capabilities including research and investigations, creative, creative confrontations, media, and communications;
- The chance to join an organisation determined to do what it takes to take on Australia’s biggest climate polluters;
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, integrity framework and generous leave conditions;
- Genuine flexible working conditions including remote work from home; and
- A culture that celebrates inclusivity and diversity.
Salary $102,573.63 per annum + Superannuation.
Open to applicants Australia wide, with a preference for Western Australia.
HOW TO APPLY
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented groups (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People of Colour, women, non-binary and gender diverse people, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Monday 27 September 2021.