Searching for a job that makes a difference? Come and help change the world with us…
Greenpeace is a world-leading independent campaigning organisation using peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future. Our priority focus in the Australia Pacific region is tackling climate change.
We are at a unique turning point in the race to stop catastrophic climate change. So that, together, we can have maximum impact in the world, our team are on a mission to create a modern, agile, digitally savvy culture equipped to drive towards a green and peaceful future.
Our team is a key part of the Fundraising and Technology department. We ensure all our platforms work together seamlessly, allowing our colleagues across Australia and the Pacific to get the most out of our tools.
In this role you will report directly to the Lead Engineer, and will have the opportunity to:
- Design and implement customised solutions in Salesforce to support key functions of the organisation
- Facilitate daily administration and support of our Salesforce CRM such as upgrades, documentation and training
- Design data models, software architecture and address data synchronisation problems
- Optimise systems and processes for our scale.
For more information please check out the Job Description.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We know you’re in high demand. You could work for an implementation partner, in-house at a corporate, or even at Salesforce. But while you do that, Australia is set to build the largest gas mine ever and continue burning dirty coal at an alarming rate… all whilst climate change rapidly escalates.
So come and work with us instead! We don’t have an in-house chef, but, unlike the agency world, at Greenpeace you are not bound by billable hours and targets, and you don’t have to act as sales for the product. With us, you can use your knowledge and skills to directly impact the team and the millions of supporters and crew that hold Greenpeace dear to their heart!
As well as having a passion for Greenpeace’s work, you’re ideal for this role because you have a strong knowledge of web development paradigms and knowledge of modern (web) development languages. You also have:
- A background in Software Engineering, with a Computer Science or Software Engineering degree
- At least 2 years’ experience working with Salesforce, writing APEX, VisualForce, triggers and flows
- Salesforce administration experience
- A drive to automate processes and make Greenpeace’s work more efficient and impactful.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A rare opportunity to take action on one of the most important issues of the moment – the climate;
- The independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the team;
- A fast-paced but balanced workplace offering a 35 hour work week, annual health allowance, integrity framework and generous leave conditions;
- Genuine flexible working conditions including work from home, and
- A culture that celebrates accountability, inclusivity and diversity;
- An organisation that really values the digital space and management that has a technical background (and has your back).
Annual Salary $88,170.76 + 10% superannuation.
We welcome applicants Australia wide, with a preference for Sydney or Melbourne for the opportunity to join in-person staff workshops, meetings, get-togethers and creative confrontation activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented groups (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People of Colour, women, non-binary and gender diverse people, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 1 June 2022.