Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
The Governance and Performance team is a close-knit and functionally diverse department that includes Legal, People and Culture, IT, Finance, Governance and Operations.
The Operations Assistant is a diverse administrative role that supports multiple teams and functions across the organisation.
The role provides crucial direct diary management and travel logistics capacity for leadership team members, and cross team and whole of organisation administrative support including in times of heightened activity or staff absence.
The role is nested within the Governance and Performance team and will also provide direct administrative support for the Governance function and Facilities.
This is a permanent position.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for an experienced administrator, with a background in project management support, and the skills to present to and work within a project team. You’ll be familiar with facilities management and maintenance, and have excellent communication skills and attention to detail. This is a highly varied role and would be a great opportunity for someone who loves working across a diverse range of different roles and teams.
You’ll also have:
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety, and how it applies in a combined warehouse/office;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Proficient typing skills for minute-taking; and
- Familiarity with Google suite.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- The chance to use your administration skills for a cause by (literally!) helping Greenpeace Australia Pacific build our new home from the ground up;
- A diverse role that engages with all aspects of the organisation;
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, integrity framework and generous leave conditions;
- Genuine flexible working conditions including some capacity for remote work from home, and
- A culture that celebrates inclusivity and diversity.
Salary $62,122.52 per annum + Superannuation.
This role is based in Sydney, and will require regular attendance at our office in Rosebery.
HOW TO APPLY
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented groups (Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Pacific peoples, People of Colour, women, non-binary and gender diverse people, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday 9 October 2022.