IT Officer (6 Month Contract)
Looking for a career that makes a difference? Come and and change the world with us...
GREENPEACE AUSTRALIA PACIFIC
Australia and the Pacific are unique and precious environments. We are blessed with a beautiful climate, rich oceans, vast forests and healthy food. Yet all of this is under threat. Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is an environmental organisation which uses non-violent, creative confrontation to expose environmental problems and to force the solutions which are essential to a green and peaceful future.
The Digital team at GPAP are proud to promote values and a culture which:
- Cares about the pixels and the big picture;
- Advocates revolutionary methods that inspire possibility in Greenpeace crew;
- Provides open, considerate and unwavering professionalism through which we partner with the rest of the Greenpeace team members; and
- Fosters team dynamics so that they work purposefully and impactfully together.
Less formally, the Digital team enjoys supporting and challenging each other. There are weekly Digi team lunches, and regular team away days. Engineering, Research and Development along with Digital Operations all work together to promote agile and efficient ways of working together, and celebrate the diversity of their team.
Leading the team is a CTO with a technical background, so you can feel assured that management will have your back.
We have an amazing opportunity for an exceptional IT Officer to join our Digital Team. In this role, you will ensure efficient desktop support service to the GPAP crew, enabling and making it easier for our team, and the wider organisation to achieve its goals. You will be the face of the Digital Operations team providing direct support for a range of IT requests.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing desktop support to Greenpeace crew, including staff, volunteers, board members;
- Onboarding and offboarding of all staff and volunteers including account provisioning, induction and routine audits; and
- Assisting the IT Manager with the development of future IT strategies, policies and procedures.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in this role, you will be a tech savvy individual with incredible interpersonal and organisational skills. You will be able to communicate effectively with a variety of people across the organisation, and be a strong team player.
You will also have:
- Tertiary IT qualifications and at least 3 years of proven experience in a similar role;
- Experience in a Desktop / Network Administration role on similar systems and technologies;
- Experience in a variety of operating systems;
- Experience with IT hardware and a broad range of network technologies and protocols; and
- Experience with configuring and monitoring system and network components and installation of network components such as routers, switches and wireless access points.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
As a Greenpeace employee, you’ll be part of an important program of work to stop climate change, save the ancient forests and protect our world’s oceans, earth and sky.
As well as a chance to match your career to a compelling cause, Greenpeace offers employees a supportive, safe working environment and a genuine work/life balance.
Greenpeace is committed and prioritises its people and their learning and development.
We also offer:
- A rare opportunity to take action on one of the most important issues of our time – climate;
- Have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the team;
- Be part of one of the most well-known global organisations and take part in global training opportunities;
- A great work-life balance including; health allowance, integrity framework and generous leave conditions including parental leave
- Flexible work environment, friendly and helpful co-workers; and
- We work hard and play harder.
* Salary – $83,086.79 per annum + superannuation
6 Month Contract, immediate start
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognize and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
*Applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
Applications close at midnight 19th November 2019.
If you have any issues with the online form, please contact [email protected]