Human Resources Intern (unpaid)
Contribute to something big; learn new skills!
- Be part of an organisation defending the environment throughout the Australia Pacific Region
- Get some great practical work experience in Human Resources field to add to your resume
- Use your creative flare and passion for protecting the planet to motivate and inspire others to get involved and support Greenpeace.
About the role
Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) currently has an opportunity for a HR intern to join our Organisation Support Team in our Sydney office. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about human resources in a not-for-profit, advocacy environment and to make a meaningful contribution to our work protecting the planet.
In this role, you will assist the HR Advisor and Operations Assistant with the end-to-end recruitment process, looking at ways we can enhance engagement with candidates and find the best people to join our crew. You will also have time to research and explore new ways to improve the HR space at GPAP and contribute to the roll out of numerous (really awesome) HR projects being rolled out this year.
Please note there is a minimum commitment of 2-3 days per week between Tuesday-Friday for 3 months (with option to continue).
- Conduct research in ways to improve the HR space at GPAP
- Assist in all areas of the recruitment cycle – from writing ads to offering contracts
- Various administrative tasks – scheduling meetings and interviews, responding to emails and queries
We are looking for individuals with:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, creative writing or marketing skills would be a bonus!
- High-level digital/computer skills;
- The ability to multi-task and manage time effectively;
- Familiarity with the Google Suite is desired;
- Above all, we are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a genuine passion for Greenpeace’s work protecting the planet.
Australia and the Pacific are unique and precious environments. We’ve got a beautiful climate, rich oceans, vast forests and healthy food. Yet all of this is under threat. Greenpeace takes action to protect our natural home, now and for the future. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change.
What We Can Offer You!
As a Greenpeace intern, you’ll be part of an important program of work to stop climate change, save the ancient forests and protect our world’s oceans, earth and sky! Greenpeace offers a supportive, safe and collaborative working environment. We are committed to personal development, with great opportunities for workplace learning.
How to Apply
Greenpeace welcomes and values diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives. Through our campaigning, we create solutions that promote environmental sustainability rooted in social justice.
To apply for this role please submit
A CV (of no more than 3 pages);
A separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role and your availability;
Please direct applications or enquiries to:
Applications close at midnight on 23rd January 2019.