Fundraising Intern (unpaid)
Contribute to something big and learn new skills!
- Be part of an organisation defending the environment throughout the Australia Pacific Region
- Get some great practical work experience in relationship management, donor stewardship and communication
- Use your creative spirit and passion for protecting the planet to motivate and inspire others to get involved and support Greenpeace.
About the role
Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) currently has an opportunity for an intern to join the Fundraising Team in our Sydney office, working closely with the Planned Giving Manager to enhance donor engagement and stewardship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about gifts in wills, fundraising, donor stewardship, environmental advocacy and to make a meaningful contribution to our work protecting the planet.
You will assist with the day-to-day operations of the team and will also be tasked with researching and exploring new ways to improve the bequest program at GPAP.
Please note there is a minimum commitment of 2 days per week between Monday-Friday for 3 months (with the possibility to continue).
- Process information through our database
- Help volunteers organise mailing campaigns
- Assist in all areas of the gifts in Wills fundraising role
- Conduct research
- Various administrative tasks – entering data, organising events, conducting analysis.
We are looking for individuals with:
- Great written and verbal communication skills and an interest in marketing/fundraising;
- High-level digital/computer skills;
- The ability to multi-task and manage time effectively;
- Familiarity with the Google Suite;
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to build rapport with a diverse range of supporters;
- Above all, we are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a genuine passion for Greenpeace’s work protecting the planet.
Australia and the Pacific are unique and precious environments. We’ve got a beautiful climate, rich oceans, vast forests and healthy food. Yet all of this is under threat. Greenpeace takes action to protect our natural home, now and for the future. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change.
What We Can Offer You!
As a Greenpeace intern, you’ll be part of an important program of work to stop climate change, save the ancient forests and protect our world’s oceans, earth and sky! Greenpeace offers a supportive, safe and collaborative working environment. We are committed to personal development, with great opportunities for workplace learning.
How to Apply
Greenpeace welcomes and values diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives. Through our campaigning, we create solutions that promote environmental sustainability rooted in social justice.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages); a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role and your availability.
Please direct applications or enquiries to:
Applications close at midnight on the 22nd February 2019.