Engagement Team Leader
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
The primary goal of Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is to bring down the might of the fossil fuel order standing in the way of a sustainable future; this team’s job is to support fundraising campaigns that help fulfil this goal.
The Donor Development team play an important role connecting donors with inspiring experiences of Greenpeace so our campaigns continue to delight, engage and empower them. We align our fundraising activity with core Greenpeace campaigns, to ensure we create maximum impact.
A highly collaborative team working across the organisation, we are responsible for building a culture of excellence and best practice in supporter experience and donor communications enabling us to leverage financial supporter-power to win campaigns.
We are looking for an Engagement Team Leader to join our wonderful Donor Development team as we enter an exciting development period for our supporter engagement strategies.
The role is responsible for the day-to-day management, coaching and development of a high-performing Engagement Team to deliver supporter service excellence across different channels. The role involves collaboration with the Donor Development Manager on our new and ambitious Supporter Care Strategy.
The Team Leader will recruit, train and supervise volunteers, deepening engagement with our work to protect the planet by driving improvements in broader donor development and engagement outcomes.
This is a highly collaborative role with exciting opportunities to empower the wider team to deliver a supporter-focused and values driven customer service culture which inspires supporters in their interactions with us.
For more information about the role, please read the Job Description.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for a reliable Team Leader whose strong people management skills and infectious enthusiasm can motivate and care for a hybrid-location team and drive improvements in supporter care and donor development outcomes. You will have a strong customer service mindset and be confident in providing positive and informed interactions with supporters across different channels.
Ideally, you will have:
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar or related role and at least two (2) years’ experience in stakeholder management and engagement;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build long-term relationships with both internal and external parties;
- Knowledge of customer experience strategy and loyalty with a deep understanding of administrative processes, including advanced CRM usage.
You’ll also have:
- Digital and technical competency with a strong understanding of multi-channel Contact Centre operations and technology;
- Demonstrable experience in defining and monitoring key measures of engagement and appropriate KPIs;
- Punctual and reliable nature with the ability to perform in a fast-paced and dynamic campaigning environment;
- The ability to prioritise and coordinate tasks using advanced people management, time management and organisational skills;
- De-escalation, negotiation and problem solving skills with emotional intelligence and empathy;
- A commitment to non-violent direct action.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A close-knit and supportive team and a great, fast-paced work culture;
- Access to and support from our global fundraising network, and the opportunity to connect with our team across the world;
- Work-life balance including 35 hour work week, health allowance, high integrity workplace and generous paid leave conditions;
- Flexibility to combine working-from-home with working at our new (in 2022!) Sydney HQ – Rainbow Warrior House in Rosebery;
- A culture that celebrates inclusivity and diversity.
Annual Salary $88,170.76 per annum + Superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds, gender identities, abilities and ages to apply.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 2 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) outlining your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current, unrestricted working rights for Australia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midday, Monday 15 August 2022.