Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses a range of strategies and creative tactics to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
The Engagement team sits in our Program department, and is responsible for finding creative and engaging ways to fight for strong climate action and nature protection. Whether it’s preventing huge new gas fields, taking the fight of the Pacific to the world’s biggest stages, or advocating for solutions to dirty energy, you’ll be working on campaigns we believe will make the world safer and more just.
The Engagement Lead is responsible for designing, coordinating and developing Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP)’s digital engagement strategies and supporter/engagement journeys, in close collaboration with Campaign leads and teams and staff across the organisation. This role will help engage millions of people with Greenpeace campaigns.
This role provides overarching alignment, drive and coordination of online engagement activities across the Program department, including campaigns, communications and investigations, creative content development, creative confrontation and volunteer engagement. It also coordinates and supports digital engagement activities for campaign peak moments in collaboration with digital campaigners and other relevant teams.
The Engagement Lead provides specialist mentoring and development in digital engagement tools, skills and design for digital campaigners, and develops and monitors key metrics for engagement across the suite of campaigns. Working closely with fundraising teams, the role also helps inspire people to become more involved and donate to Greenpeace.
This is a two-year contract position, open to candidates Australia-wide.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- At least 4 years’ experience of digital fundraising, digital campaigning and/or digital marketing, social media and email marketing and SEO;
- Familiarity with environmental and climate issues and the sector;
- Deep understanding of running online communities and social media;
- Understanding of branding, online design, information architecture and UX;
- A global mindset and the ability to apply a commitment to diversity, inclusion and justice in practice and reach diverse audiences through nuanced engagement strategies;
- Experience with integrated online and physical campaign methods;
- Experience of campaigning, lobbying, or advocacy.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A flexible working environment, with working from home or a hybrid approach if based in Sydney;
- The chance to engage and mobilise one of the largest NGO membership bases in Australia;
- The chance to work in a highly experienced, dynamic and passionate Program team;
- Access to our global network of campaigning expertise, and the opportunity to connect with our networks across the world;
- A supportive working environment, including a health allowance, focus on personal development and a robust integrity framework;
- Generous leave conditions including extra days of leave during the Christmas to New Years period;
- A fast-paced and high impact culture that genuinely celebrates inclusivity and diversity;
- Opportunities for training and career development.
Salary $104,932.82 per annum + Superannuation
HOW TO APPLY
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented represented groups (Aboriginal, Torres Strait and Pacific Islander peoples, People of Colour, Women, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on. Remember no one has every skill or experience in the Job Description, and you’ll have the opportunity to learn a lot from the team. We believe someone who has a few of these is well suited to excel.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Thursday 26 January 2023.