Email Marketing Coordinator
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
The Digital Marketing team is key to activating and amplifying Greenpeace Australia Pacific’s (GPAP) campaigns to engage supporters, deepen their involvement, and grow our collective and financial power. Our work drives both campaign impact and fundraising goals, particularly growth of new supporters through lead generation and online donations. The team is highly integrated to ensure impactful supporter experiences across key channels including the website, email, social media, paid advertising and partnerships.
Whether it’s stopping a huge new dangerous coal mine, taking the fight of the Pacific to the world’s biggest stages, or pushing huge corporations to ditch coal, you’ll be working on campaigns that make the world safer and more just.
GPAP is looking for an Email Marketing Coordinator to join us on a 12-month contract basis.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering outstanding email marketing materials and building a broader email strategy to nurture, engage and retain our existing supporters, and help build our supporter base. You’ll use your expert knowledge of email marketing, data segmentation, engagement platforms and User Experience (UX) optimisation to work collaboratively across teams to operationalise our email communications. You’ll also bring a supporter-first mindset to creating and activating campaign and fundraising emails, and ensure integration of email communications within the broader multi-channel supporter journey and campaign strategy.
Working across email, the website and social media, you will be a key guardian of our supporter-facing communications and the Greenpeace brand.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for an email strategy specialist who is passionate about the supporter experience. While optimising the immediate supporter interaction, you’re also looking ahead to ensure it builds to and integrates with the next one. You’ll be skilled in the segmentation of complex supporter bases with donors and non-financial supporters, and know how to coordinate multiple campaigns and journeys with different asks. Your love of data will see you take ownership of supporter segmentation to ensure we deliver the most impactful message to the right supporter at the right time.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with previous experience in the not-for-profit sector, who is familiar with optimising marketing copy to achieve campaign impacts and fundraising goals. The role is also open to applicants from the corporate sector who have managed email marketing programs for revenue generation.
You’ll also have:
- Experience using sophisticated email and journey management platforms such as Autopilot, Hubspot, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud;
- The skills and experience to optimise content for landing pages including A/B testing, calls to action, targeting, conversion optimisation;
- The capacity to support, train and develop the competency of colleagues throughout GPAP in email best practices, journey creation, segmentation, report generation, and other technical needs;
- The ability to manage the GPAP email calendar to optimise the supporter experience, manage sends across campaigns with different and at times conflicting priorities, and provide detailed reporting on results back to stakeholders;
- Proficiency in meeting ambitious targets for activism and online fundraising; and
- A drive for wanting to make the world better by harnessing the power of collective action and recruiting new supporters to build our strength and win campaigns.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- The chance to be at the heart of activating GPAP’s campaigns to our supporter base to change the world;
- The opportunity to work with our fantastic Digital Marketing team as they implement our large scale investment in digital growth;
- The opportunity to play a crucial part in every GPAP campaign, and help us achieve our campaign impact and fundraising goals;
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, health allowance, integrity framework and generous leave conditions;
- Flexible working conditions including remote work from home, and
- A culture that celebrates inclusivity and diversity.
Salary $71,045.71 per annum + Superannuation.
Open to applicants Australia wide, with a preference for Sydney or Melbourne for the opportunity to join in person staff workshops, meetings, get-togethers and creative confrontation activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday 7 March 2021.