Donor Development Officer (Individual Giving)
Searching for a career that makes a difference? Come and help change the world with us!
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
The Donor Development team is responsible for building financial power and delivering outstanding Customer Experience (CX) at Greenpeace. The primary goal of Greenpeace is to bring down the might of the fossil fuel order standing in the way of a sustainable future; this team’s job is to run fundraising campaigns that fulfil this goal. Whether it’s stopping a huge new dangerous coal mine, taking the fight of the Pacific to the world’s biggest stages, or pushing huge corporations to ditch coal, you’ll be working on campaigns we believe will make the world safer and more just.
Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is looking for a Donor Development Officer (Individual Giving) to join us on a 12-month contract while one of our wonderful team members is away on parental leave. The Donor Development Officer (Individual Giving) is a key role within the Fundraising team responsible for growing our supporter base, reach and impact by furthering our vision to ensure a just and healthy planet.
This role is responsible for coordinating a range of donor retention and development activities at GPAP, including direct mail Appeals, email marketing, advertising and supporter newsletters. You will also be supporting the Donor Development Manager to design and deliver outstanding customer experiences for supporters to deepen relationships over time, and work closely with the Fundraising and Engagement team to execute appeals and supporter upgrade and retention initiatives.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for a digital fundraising wizard who’s super organised and confident working to hard deadlines thanks to your significant experience managing direct mail and online appeals. You’ll be passionate about bringing creativity to your work, confident using the tools, and love nurturing supporters via innovative use of digital marketing automation, advertising and storytelling.
You’ll also have:
- Experience designing and implementing single giving direct mail and digital fundraising strategies to meet and exceed revenue targets;
- Experience designing and building engaging multi-channel supporter journeys to meet loyalty and retention targets;
- Strong CRM, data and analytics skills (we use Salesforce, Google Analytics, Civis and Data Studio);
- Knowledge of Customer Experience (CX) and User Experience (UX) design principles and journey mapping;
- The ability to analyse data proficiently, and apply your insights;
- An eye for design and/or digital content creation experience and the know-how to produce an excellent creative brief; and
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising policies, as well as ADMA policies, FIA Code and guidelines.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Be supported to design and deliver outstanding customer experiences via digital platforms;
- The opportunity to participate in big, bold and creative Non-Violent Direct Action;
- Access to our global network of campaigning expertise, and the opportunity to connect with our networks across the world;
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week and integrity framework;
- A culture that celebrates justice and belonging;
- A culture that is excited about technology and its possibilities – our digital marketing stack is epic;
- We work hard and like to have fun!
Salary $71,045.71 per annum + Superannuation
HOW TO APPLY
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Thursday the 7th of January 2021.