Digital Operations Intern
Contribute to something big; learn new skills!
- Be part of an organisation defending the environment throughout the Australia Pacific Region
- Get some great practical work experience in digital operations to add to your resume
- Use your tech skills and systems thinking to empower us to win a just and healthy planet
About the role
Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) has an opportunity for an intern to join our Digital Operations unit in our Sydney office. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the wider Digital team, make a meaningful contribution to our work in protecting the planet and learn from our highly skilled Digi Ops unit. Among other work, you will be tasked with reviewing current on- and off-boarding processes for volunteers and recommending/designing ways to improve the process.
Please note there is a minimum commitment of 1 day per week between Monday-Friday for 3 months (with option to continue).
Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a genuine passion for Greenpeace’s work protecting the planet. It’d be great if you also had:
- Great written and verbal communication skills;
- Good tech knowledge and skills;
- An interest in computer science, programming and/or software development; and
- The ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
Australia and the Pacific are unique and precious environments. We’ve got a beautiful climate, rich oceans, vast forests and healthy food. Yet all of this is under threat. Greenpeace takes action to protect our natural home, now and for the future. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change.
What We Can Offer You!
As a Greenpeace intern, you’ll be part of an important program of work to stop climate change, save the ancient forests and protect our world’s oceans, earth and sky! Greenpeace offers a supportive, safe and collaborative working environment. You’ll get to work alongside some highly skilled Digital specialists. We are committed to personal development, with great opportunities for workplace learning.
Still not convinced, check out the internal values of the Digital team below
- We care about the pixels and the bigger picture
- We are open and considerate
- We lift each other up, and challenge each other
- We work purposefully and impactfully together for a greener, more peaceful future
- We are revolutionary, we inspire possibility in the crew.
Can’t wait to get involved? Here’s how…
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our movement and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Applications close at midnight on the 23rd of June 2019.