Digital Marketing Manager
Searching for a career that makes a difference? Come and help change the world with us…
We know you’re in high demand, you could work almost anywhere! But while you’re working at a corporate or an agency, Australia is set to build the largest coal mine ever and opening new oil frontiers… all whilst climate change rapidly escalates.
So come work with us instead! At Greenpeace you’re not bound by billable hours or deal with impossible client demands. In this role, you can use your knowledge and skills for good and inspire the millions of supporters and crew that are Greenpeace.
Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, you will lead our Research and Development (R&D) team promoting a modern, professional and agile culture, dedicated to achieving a green and peaceful future. This role is about making the program yours: we’re looking for someone with a passion for building, testing, and growing a diverse program to deliver on our targets.
We strongly believe we can use technology to empower Greenpeace to win a just and healthy planet.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in this role, you must be an experienced manager, with at least 3 years’ experience managing team workflows in a dynamic digital environment and possess a strong knowledge of online acquisition and retention of crew.
You will also have:
- Real strength in the media landscape, understanding of channels, relative strengths and weaknesses and differences between channels;
- Aptitude to explore at our marketing initiatives through a strategic frame, not just operational or implementation;
- Analytical and data driven mindset; a passion for making the numbers add up;
- Expertise in lead generation and conversion;
- A knack for making money online; and
- Willingness to try new things and innovate whilst maintaining our core work.
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is a non-profit environmental organisation, it comprises 28 independent national/regional offices in 47 countries across Europe, the Americas, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. We expose global environmental problems and force positive changes through research, lobbying and non-violent direct action.
Greenpeace Australia Pacific is an organisation taking flight. This is your opportunity to be part of a Digital team that is driven by the belief that technology can help us win BIGGER, faster and permanently!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A rare opportunity to take action on one of the most important issues of our time – climate;
- Have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the team;
- Be part of one of the most well-known global organisations and take part in global training opportunities;
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, health allowance, integrity framework and generous leave conditions including parental leave; and
- An organisation that truly values the digital space and management that has a technical background (and has your back).
Still not convinced, check out the internal values of the Digital team below:
- We care about the pixels and the bigger picture;
- We are open and considerate;
- We lift each other up, and challenge each other;
- We work purposefully and impactfully together for a greener, more peaceful future; and
- We are revolutionary, we inspire possibility in the crew.
Salary $98,882.35 per annum + Superannuation
CAN’T WAIT TO GET INVOLVED? HERE’S HOW
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognize and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
*Applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
We will not be accepting applications from external recruiters for this (and all) positions.
Applications close at midnight 24th November 2019.
If you have any issues with the online form, please contact [email protected]