Communications and Relationships Specialist
Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
This role reports directly to the CEO and has one direct report, the Engagement Officer.
The Communications and Relationships Specialist is an exciting newly created fixed term position (36 months, full time). This role will enable you to lead the evolution and delivery of an integrated communications and engagement strategy, exposing you to many stakeholders and allowing you to travel interstate (and maybe global!).
Using your strategic, entrepreneurial, practical and relational skills you will be the primary support for the CEO’s key relationships. You will also look after the overall business management of the Office of the CEO.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You will be an expert communicator (both written and verbal) and be enthusiastic to build, manage and leverage stakeholder relationships. You will be able to juggle competing priorities and work to tight deadlines. Ideally, you will share in GPAP’s overarching values and mission and have experience in a For-Purpose organisation.
- Strategic and operational understanding of the functioning of events communications, media, social media and communications
- Understanding of the practical systems and steps necessary to prepare a CEO for public performance and media appearances.
- Understanding of the how to establish and nurture key relationships and networks to driving organisational strategy
- Understanding of personal voice / branding and how this is deepened and grown to support the organisational mission
- Understanding how to manage a small team to optimise contribution to organisational strategy and objectives.
- Proof-reading, sub-editing and advice on high level content
- Ability to act as a ‘sense-check’ sounding board for the CEO
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication
- Personal brand management and promotion
- High level strategic communications thinking
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar or related role
- Sufficient experience in relation to key role responsibilities.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, integrity framework and generous leave conditions;
- Flexible working conditions
- A culture that celebrates inclusivity and diversity; and
- Annual health allowance
Annual Salary: $108, 395.60 + superannuation (10.5%)
HOW TO APPLY
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented groups (Aboriginal, Torres Strait and Pacific Islander peoples, People of Colour, women, non-binary and gender diverse people, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.