Digital Engagement Coordinator
Looking for a career that makes a difference? Come change the world with us!
We know you’re in high demand; you could work almost anywhere! But while you’re working at a corporate or an agency, Australia is set to build its largest coal mine ever and open new oil frontiers in the Great Australia Bight, all whilst climate change rapidly escalates and our forests burn in front of our eyes. So come use your knowledge and skills for the planet, and inspire the millions of supporters and crew that are Greenpeace!
The Digital Engagement Coordinator is an empowered champion for Greenpeace Australia Pacific’s social media engagement. By working collaboratively with the Program and Fundraising Departments the role catalyses performance in terms of reach, engagement and conversion towards advocacy wins, fundraising campaigns, and building Greenpeace’s people-powered network.
The Digital Engagement Coordinator will lead a team of social media volunteers to drive the success of Greenpeace content and communities online. This role is a key steward of Greenpeace’s overarching content strategy, informing and executing digital communication and engagement decisions.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in this role, you must be highly organised and effective at organising others to work towards goals, and great at strategic thinking using experimentation and analysis. We’re also looking for someone who is extremely passionate about online engagement opportunities for campaigns that change the world!
You will also have:
- Significant professional experience in a multimedia environment, and at least two (2) years’ experience in a similar role;
- Expertise in online communications and user experience, particularly on mobile;
- Strong cultural and social awareness, including a deep familiarity with Internet; culture and trends;
- Volunteer and project management experience.
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation which uses non-violent, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems and to force the solutions which are essential to a green and peaceful future. We expose global environmental problems and force positive changes through research, lobbying and non-violent direct action.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A well resourced and supportive team environment to learn and experiment in
- A seat at the table for developing mass public engagement strategies and campaigns
- A driver’s seat to some of the biggest green social media accounts in the world
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, health allowance, integrity framework and generous leave conditions including parental leave;
- A culture that celebrates inclusivity and diversity.
Salary $69,516.35 per annum + Superannuation
HOW TO APPLY
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
Applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Thursday 13th February 2020.