Deputy Program Director – Campaigns (6 Month Contract)
Calling all campaigners, strategists, innovators, project managers and communications professionals. Come make a difference in a leadership role with real purpose.
We know you’re in high demand. You could work for a union, consultancy agency or as a specialist manager. But while you do that, Australia is building the largest coal mine ever, as climate change rapidly escalates.
So come work with us instead. While we may not have an in-house chief or share offerings, we can offer you a share in the most meaningful and challenging work around, that will see you make a huge difference you can be proud of.
Greenpeace Australia is up for a transition. We know our supporters want to do more than donate money. As environmental crises and climate change worsen, we want to build new campaigning capacities to fight back. We know the change won’t be easy. We’ll need new strategies, but most of all we’ll need new thinking and leadership.
We’re open to all types of backgrounds – and to leaders with the savvy to manage complex projects. Leadership, vision, and determination are the most important selection criteria.
Reporting to the Program Director, you will be an integral part of our Campaigns team that promotes a modern, professional, innovative culture dedicated to a green and peaceful future. You will be responsible for the line management of 8 direct reports.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Creative and Strategic thinking. This role calls for creative thinking. You will need to have the ability to manage and work effectively with project teams to develop effective campaigns and communications for multiple audiences.
- Project Management and Campaigning Expertise. Project Management and Campaigning skills are essential. You will have proven experience of developing effective campaign strategies and constructing multiple layer project and implementation plans to deliver strategic outcomes.
- Leadership and Management. Technical skills will not suffice to get this job done. Leadership skills are crucial. To succeed, you must be skilled at managing both your direct reports, and the integration of your work with multiple teams throughout the organisation.
- Output Focused. While we will consider applications from all backgrounds, powerful public relations and communications experience, is very advantageous.
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is a non-profit environmental organisation, it comprises 28 independent national/regional offices in 47 countries across Europe, the Americas, Africa, Asia and the Pacific that takes action to protect our natural home, now and for the future. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- As a Greenpeace employee, you’ll be part of an important program of work to tackle the climate emergency , save the ancient forests and protect our world’s oceans.
- As well as a chance to match your career to a compelling cause, Greenpeace offers employees a supportive, safe working environment and a genuine work/life balance.
- Greenpeace is committed to personal development, with great opportunities for workplace learning and career progression.
If that’s not enough, you also:
- Get to work in a team of skilled troublemakers determined to disrupt the status quo
- Get to use your skills for good, engaging and motivating everyday folk to take action for the planet
- Have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the organisation
Salary: $126,719.09 per annum + superannuation
6 Month Contract (Paternity Leave Cover), January – June 2020.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
Applications close at midnight 27th of October 2019.
If you have any issues with the online form, please contact [email protected].