Creative Events Coordinator
Get ready to join the fight for a greener, more peaceful world with Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP)! As an independent campaigning organisation, we creatively and peacefully shine a light on the urgent environmental challenges facing our planet. We don’t shy away from the tough issues, exposing global environmental problems, and developing solutions for a green and peaceful future.
At GPAP, we’re not just a team; we’re a movement. By joining us, you’re not just taking a job – you’re seizing an opportunity to make a real-world difference. With this full-time, contract position, you’ll elevate your career while elevating the cause that matters most.
Founded in 1971, Greenpeace now operates as 26 independent national/regional organisations in over 55 countries, making it collectively one of the largest environmental networks on Earth.
The Creative Events Coordinator is part of the Program Department and exists primarily to assist with the development and implementation of creative tactics to further campaign objectives and achieve Greenpeace’s mission.
The role requires organising and coordinating large teams of people with specialised skills in complex and often tense situations.
Elevate your career with this full-time, 14 month contract position.
You will join our passionate and uniquely skilled Creative Events Team based out of our Sydney office in Rosebery.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You will be an expert communicator with the ability to knowledge share and mentor large groups of people. You will be able to work autonomously and under pressure and you will be innovative in your approach to creative confrontation. In addition you will have:
- Two (2) years experience in coordinating and/or team-leading in event management
- Knowledge of and experience of Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)
- Problem solving skills, and the ability to create clear, simple solutions
- Demonstrable decision-making skills
- Understanding of maintenance requirements of vehicles, boats and other equipment.
- Understanding of health and safety issues relating to public events
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Current manual driving license
- Strategic thinking and quick decision making ability
- Time management skills, in particular the ability to plan, organise and prioritise multiple projects and maintain tight deadlines
- Excellent facilitation and mentoring skills
- Experience as a Greenpeace trainer in one or more of; boat driving, climbing, public campaigning and HAZMAT.
- Experience coordinating / delivering training programs
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A role with one of the most well-known brands in the environmental NGO space, and the strength of the 50 years of Greenpeace behind you;
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, integrity framework and generous leave conditions (including an additional week of paid leave between Christmas and New Years);
- Genuine flexible working conditions including remote work or hybrid working arrangements;
- A incredible brand new head office space that has just opened up in Rosebery, Sydney;
- A culture that celebrates inclusivity, belonging and diversity; and
- An annual health allowance.
Annual full-time salary: $91,080.39 per annum + 11% superannuation per annum.
HOW TO APPLY
Your journey begins here.
Be sure to read the full Job Description here before applying.
Please submit a Resume (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented groups (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People of Colour, women, non-binary and gender diverse people, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current working rights for Australia. We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.