Communications and Engagement Officer
Looking for a career that makes a difference? Come change the world with us!
Greenpeace is an independent environmental campaigning organisation dedicated to securing an earth capable of nurturing life in all of its magnificent diversity.
Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is searching for a Communications and Engagement Officer to work closely with our CEO, David Ritter to develop all aspects of his public communications and networks of influence. This role will work collaboratively with the High Value, Communications, and Campaigns teams to drive the promotion of the CEO as the public face of GPAP and be proactive and entrepreneurial in finding opportunities to boost the CEO’s profile, to help GPAP achieve our organisational goals.
This role will also be responsible for proactively managing CEO workflow and scheduling all meetings, organising travel and events and helping steward relationships with major donors, cultural influencers and other key figures.
This is an amazing and exciting opportunity to join the world’s most renowned environmental campaigning organisation, and get incredible exposure working closely with the CEO, across every aspect of his national and international responsibilities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes media and communications; is super-organised and can keep track of and prioritize multiple moving parts; and who can build great relationships and rapport with people from all walks of life.
You should also have outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills, and would benefit from a background in communications and media, as well as experience in an Executive Assistant role.
Emotional intelligence, future focus, and an entrepreneurial spirit are all essential attributes for this role.
In terms of some basics, you will need:
- At least two years’ of relevant experience;
- Track record in writing and editing communications (traditional and digital);
- Commitment to professionalism, confidentiality and discretion;
- Excellent digital literacy, including in leading social media platforms; and
- High level office administration skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- This role is one of a kind. It is exciting, innovative, and gives you the opportunity to not only work as the right-hand to the CEO of Greenpeace Australia Pacific, but to travel, work on exciting projects, and build important and influential relationships.
- Over time, precursors to this role have proven a great entry point for career development within Greenpeace Australia Pacific and Greenpeace’s international offices;
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, health allowance, integrity framework and generous leave conditions including equal parental leave and an extra week of leave during the Christmas to New Year period;
- A fantastic work environment, built on great values and accompanied by favourable working conditions;
- An organisation that is taking an employee-led approach to adapting to the new ways of remote working;
- A truly global culture that celebrates inclusivity and diversity.
Salary $71,045.71 per annum + Superannuation
HOW TO APPLY
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment to providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees, and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 2 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday 18 October 2020.