Searching for a career that makes a difference? Come and help change the world with us!
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
The Campaign team is responsible for fighting against the planet’s enemies. The primary goal of Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is to bring down the might of the fossil fuel order standing in the way of a sustainable future; this team’s job is to run campaigns that fulfil this goal. Whether it’s stopping a huge new dangerous gas project, taking the fight of the Pacific to the world’s biggest stages, or pushing huge corporations to ditch coal, you’ll be working on campaigns we believe will make the world safer and more just.
As a Campaigner, you will play a key role across our campaigns in Australia and the Pacific Nations in our fight for climate justice. In this role you will explore and find ways to use your campaigning and digital skills to leverage the huge power of our crew, while devising and delivering outstanding engagement as part of GPAP’s different campaigns. This role will also provide creativity and leadership within campaigns and rapid response moments, ensuring they are dynamic, ambitious and highly engaging.
One of the two available roles will play a key role in the fight to stop the devastating expansion of offshore gas in WA. The role will help tell the story of what’s at stake, including our climate and the incredible marine life.
We have two 12 month contract, full-time positions available.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for two outstanding campaigners with a strong grasp on strategy and digital engagement. You’ll have a thorough understanding of the digital landscape, and how to use creative skills and strategies to win campaigns.
You’ll also have:
- Love for campaigning, and a desire to take on this country’s biggest polluters;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar or related role;
- Knowledge and/or experience in national or international campaigning;
- Understanding of storytelling and audiences; and
- Intellectual ability to understand dynamic scientific, social and political issues.
More than anything, you will need to have done digital campaigning, with bonus points for doing it for the environment sector, or in the Not-for-Profit space.
Open to applicants Australia wide, with a preference for Sydney, Melbourne or Perth for the opportunity to join in person staff workshops, meetings and/or creative confrontation activities.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- An incredible opportunity to join our iconic campaigns including our fight against the biggest polluters in Australia and the Pacific and one of the most important fossil fuel battles on Earth;
- The chance to engage and mobilise one of the largest NGO membership bases in Australia;
- Access to an expert media and communications team, and our extensive research, investigation and creative capacity;
- Access to our global network of campaigning expertise, and the opportunity to connect with our networks across the world;
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, genuine flexible working arrangements and integrity framework; and
- A culture that genuinely celebrates justice and belonging.
Salary $86,188.42 per annum + Superannuation
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented represented groups (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People of Colour, Women, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to your discretion which to focus on.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Thursday 30 September 2021.