Accounts Payable Officer
Looking for a role that makes a difference? Come and change the world with us...
As Greta Thunberg implores, our house in on fire and we need everyone involved. Help us close our books whilst we campaign to close Australia’s worst polluting coal fired power stations.
We are looking for a brilliant and highly organised self-starter to drive the accounts payable function at Greenpeace Australia Pacific.
This role plays an integral part of the Finance team, supporting the Finance Manager and wider Finance team provide timely, accurate financial information and advice to the organisation’s stakeholders – both internal and external.
The Accounts Payable Officer is also responsible for ensuring the organisation complies with internal policies, and external legislation.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, you will be a passionate and dynamic individual with fantastic communication skills. You will also have:
- Proven Accounts Payable skills, with a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Problem solving skills, and the ability to create clear, simple solutions.
- Knowledge and/or experience with accounting software (Sun or ProActis experience is a bonus)
- Efficient and accurate data entry skills
- Strong presentation and reporting abilities.
Australia and the Pacific are unique and precious environments. We’ve got a beautiful climate, rich oceans, vast forests and healthy food. Yet all of this is under threat. Greenpeace takes action to protect our natural home, now and for the future. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change.
What we can offer you
As a Greenpeace employee, you’ll be part of an important program of work to stop climate change, save the ancient forests and protect our world’s oceans, earth and sky.
As well as a chance to match your career to a compelling cause, Greenpeace offers employees a supportive, safe working environment and a genuine work/life balance.
Greenpeace is committed to personal development, with great opportunities for workplace learning and career progression.
We also offer:
- A rare opportunity to take action on one of the most important issues of our time – climate
- Have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the team
- Be part of one of the most well-known global organisations and take part in global training opportunities
- A great work-life balance including; health allowance, integrity framework and generous leave conditions including parental leave
- Greenpeace can guarantee a flexible work environment, friendly and helpful co-workers.
*Salary – $58,540.51 per annum + superannuation (paid pro-rata)
Can’t wait to get started? Here’s how…
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognize and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role, addressing the job description.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
Applications close at midnight on July, 24th 2019. If you have any issues with the online form, please contact [email protected].