Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
Information Technology (IT) is a crucial tool for Greenpeace. The IT Operations team is a key bridge between our technology infrastructure and our people.
The main goal for the team is to provide effective, efficient and friendly desktop support, to enable the Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) crew to achieve their goals.
One of our amazing team members is heading off on parental leave, so we’re looking for an IT Officer to join our team on a seven-week contract, in a full-time capacity. This role is the face of the IT team, providing direct support for a range of IT requests, and ensuring efficient IT support service to the GPAP crew. The IT Officer is also responsible for the onboarding and offboarding of all staff and volunteers, including account provisioning, induction and routine audits, as well as working with the IT Manager to implement IT strategies, policies and procedures.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for a tech-savvy IT Officer who has great interpersonal and organisational skills, and is great at communicating effectively with a variety of people. You’ll also love working as part of a close-knit team, and be a skilled multi-tasker. The ideal candidate will also have tertiary IT qualifications, and experience in a desktop or network administration role.
You will also have:
- Experience in a variety of operating systems and applications;
- Great knowledge of IT hardware and a broad range of network technologies and protocols;
- Experience with managing user onboarding and offboarding;
- Good customer communications, service and support ability;
- Quick to pick up new software;
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Google Cloud Platform;
- Familiarity with the installation, configuration and monitoring of system and network components such as routers, switches and wireless access points;
- Current working rights for Australia; and
- The ability to make an immediate start in the role.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A genuine approach to wellbeing, including flexible working arrangements and an integrity framework;
- An organisation filled with talented, warm, and caring team members, so that you can bring your whole self to work; and
- A culture that genuinely celebrates inclusivity and diversity.
Salary $84,914.70 per annum + Superannuation
HOW TO APPLY
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday, 25th of October 2020.